Join us on a walking taco tour through the historic San Rafael neighborhood and experience a delicious variety of regional Mexican tacos. You will try tacos from different Mexican states all while learning about the history of this iconic, off the beaten path neighborhood. We will start off our tour with tacos from northern Mexico, prepared with handmade, flour tortillas and then move on to try a few classic Mexico City-style tacos. Next we’ll savor some tacos de cochinita pibil (slow-cooked pulled pork) from the Yucatan Peninsula followed by some lesser-known tacos prepared with blue corn masa from the State of Mexico. The final stop on the tour will bring us to a traditional, Mexican cantina where we’ll sip on a cold cerveza while savoring some tacos de birria from the state of Jalisco.
**During this taco tour of the San Rafael neighborhood you will:
– Learn about the fascinating history of one of Mexico City’s oldest neighborhoods
– Stroll through a traditional, neighborhood market
– See, touch, taste and smell a variety of Mexican tacos
– Experience a classic Mexican cantina
**Duration: 3-4 hours
**What to bring:
– An empty stomach!
– Close-toed walking shoes
– Change for bathroom stops
– Water (there will be one beverage included on the tour)
*ALL FOOD AND ONE BEVERAGE INCLUDED!*
We will meet at a coffee shop in the San Rafael neighborhood, just a few blocks away from the San Cosme (blue line) metro stop.
**This tour is not suitable for vegetarians**